Trying products has become a past-time of ours lately, especially since starting our blog Mixed Family Life. We’ve been lucky enough to try out different brands / product lines over the last few months but at the end of the day there are a few items that are our 10 MUST HAVE Products for Multiracial Hair Care.
10 MUST HAVE Products for Multiracial Hair Care
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Do you have some products that you always have in stock at home? These are ours:
- Satin Sleep Cap : My daughter sleeps in one every night. We have about 3 floating around our house. They are a must to help protect her curls and/or hairstyle at night.
- No Damage Hair Ties : We use these darn near everyday in her hairstyles. They hold strong and come in all different colors. So we can add a pop of color if we want, or just use the black/brown ones to blend into her style and match anything she wears.
- Spray Bottle : Filled with water this is used multiple times during the week to help refresh their hair/curls. I spray water into my kids hair to moisturize the curls and then add a leave-in conditioner in.
- Leave-In Conditioner : Leave-In is our next step in our refresh process that helps add moisture to their hair and define their curls.
- Hair OIl : Oil is the last step in the hair refresh process we do. This seals in all the moisture we added with the water and leave-in.
- Boar bristle smoothing brush : I use this multiple times during the week to help smooth out my daughters hair styles and keep her looking put together. It helps smooth the hairs down so well!
- Edge Control : We use this to help tame the baby hairs and make the protective styles really neat and look put together.
- Wide Tooth Comb : This is the only thing we use to detangle our curls. A brush (other than the smoothing brush) never touches their curls (unless they steal mine!).
- Conditioner : A big bottle of conditioner is always in stock in our house. We use it to co-wash and detangle and moisturize. My daughter has an full head of thick hair so we use A LOT of it so I have back-ups in our bathroom closet at all times.
- Small black rubber bands : These are perfect for ending braids and holding beads in protective styles.
Those are our households MUST HAVE Products for maintaining Multiracial / Biracial / Mixed Race kids curly hair. What are yours? Like I said at the beginning. I am always on the look out for new products to try out. Let me know below?
Disclaimer- I am not a professional… this is just what I’ve learned through research and trial & error. We are always learning and I am not afraid to admit if I am wrong and made a mistake. It’s ok if you do too. We, as parents, aren’t perfect. That’s ok. As long as we try as hard as we can for our children.
Again, if there are any specific topics you are interested in learning about or reading please let me know either down in the comments below or by emailing me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Multiracial Media Column Question” as your Subject line.