This week is Spirit week at my daughters school. One of the days was mix-match day and of course I had to have fun with the hair style! But of course I remembered this right before bed time so I had to think quickly on my feet and come up with something quick and easy. I decided to go with this wacky hair style that ended up being really cute and easy. So much so we ended up leaving it for the rest of the week!
The basics of how we did this style:
(This post may contain affiliate links at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own)
- Parted her hair from one side of the nape of her neck to the temple of the other side. (Don’t mind the after school fuzz… lol)
- Put each of those sections into hair ties after smoothing them down with edge control and a smoothing brush.
- Grabbed all the colorful smaller hair ties I could find (we used to use these more when she was younger and had shorter hair… now we can’t get away with using these with all the hair she has)
- Started putting them on her hair a few inches apart from each other until I reached the end.
- Put 2 random knockers on the hair ties on her head.
- Stretched out the sections a little.
That’s it! Super easy and turned out cuter than I thought. For the rest of the week we just removed the mismatched knockers. If you want to take down the wackadoodle factor even more you can use all matching hair ties or all black/brown ones. Personally I think the assorted colors are fun. What do you think? I would love to see some of the fun hair styles you did for mix-match / wackadoodle / wacky day at school for your kids!
Disclaimer- I am not a professional… this is just what I’ve learned through research and trial & error. We are always learning and I am not afraid to admit if I am wrong and made a mistake. It’s ok if you do too. We, as parents, aren’t perfect. That’s ok. As long as we try as hard as we can for our children.
Again, if there are any specific topics you are interested in learning about or reading please let me know either down in the comments below or by emailing me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Multiracial Media Column Question” as your Subject line.
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
If you like what you read don’t forget to check out Nicholette’s site: MixedFamilyLife.com